I suggest you ...

Photo voting system: I suggest simple "thumbs up" vote.

Maybe with a "+" or "-" to indicate good or excellent. How many votes does one see that are less than 10? If I don't feel it's a '10', I don't vote at all. Some have good subjects (being at the right place at the right time, for example), but look like they are taken with cell phones. The system I suggest could cover this ...

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    utahjimkutahjimk shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh LewisJosh Lewis commented  · 

We almost swapped to a thumbs up system, but Chad came to the rescue and saved the 1-10 system. Regarding the statement "If I don't feel it's a '10', I don't vote at all" that is what almost everyone on SP does. I completely disagree with voting like this. I give out lots of 8/10's and 9/10's and some 7/10's. Of course if it is lacking in quality I go lower. People can choose to vote less than a 10. But people also hate breaking out of conformity. It's part of human nature. Some people are already voting less than 10. I encourage you to do the same. Save the 10's for the best. When I give a 8/10, that means I think it was a great shot. It doesn't lower the score at all.

Feedback and Knowledge Base