I suggest you ...

Make browsing photos quicker and easier. Having to load a page for every photo is very slow.

I would say make browsing photos similar to FB where you can switch photo to photo rather quicky.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt zMatt z commented  · 

the op is just saying loading or viewing a photo should be asynchronous and not result in a new page load.

the photos here are amazing and potentially a great strength of the site, but viewing images and navigating galleries is tedious. installing a modern js lib to improve the ui for viewing and navigating images improve things tremendously. images should preload on the page and clicking one within the route/peak description should display a pop-up and should not ever result in a new page load. and the gallery slideshow should load a new image without a page load (that need not even change the look or layout of the existing interface). This feedback site is awesome by the way.

• Josh LewisJosh Lewis commented  · 

Your talking about lightbox. Agreed that this would be a great addition for SummitPost. However many hate the idea of being forced to use it. So I propose some sort of lightbox option or button. This way both parties get what they want.

Feedback and Knowledge Base