I suggest you ...

List StatusTracking

Provide users the ability to track their completion status of lists (parents) by providing mountains completed, mountains pending, etc.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian VoylesBrian Voyles shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian VoylesBrian Voyles commented  · 

I was thinking it would simply be a count of climbed peaks w/ pages vs unclimbed peaks w/ pages. Maybe it would bring some attention to missing pages and motivate people to complete them.

• mrchad9mrchad9 commented  · 

That would solve it on the denominator side. But then there would still be no way for SP to know if you climbed a peak on the list that doesn't have a page for it, unless you could actually check them off on the list page as well.

Actually... I wish list pages... Instead of being a free form field like every other pages, was a set template and you could specify the column headers and fill in the rows with the appropriate information. This would solve the problem above. But I expect something like that is too much effort to develop for the amount of benefit it provides.

• Josh LewisJosh Lewis commented  · 

If that ends up being a big deal, I suppose the list page could have a optional field called "Number of Peaks in List". This way the number would go through that instead of the pages attached.

• mrchad9mrchad9 commented  · 

I think this is an interesting and worthwhile idea. Would be cool if SP could automatically tell you which lists you have already completed, or were nearest completion. Should be possible. The one drawback as Josh points out though it that it would only tell you how many of the mountains you'd done that had SP pages. If the list has peaks without pages, then there is some incompleteness there.

• Josh LewisJosh Lewis commented  · 

One way this could be accomplished is to show on the profile the number of attached pages to that list (assuming you have signed the list itself) vs the number of climber logs you have signed on that list. So if you were climbing "Colorado Top 100" and only signed 67 of them, next to the list on your profile it would show like this "(67/100)". But this assumes all the pages are posted on this list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base